Careers at BGCSCC
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teen Program Coordinator – Downtown Clubhouse
Supervisor: Clubhouse Director
Status: Full Time(30-35hr/wk) with benefits
We are seeking a dynamic, personable, experienced youth worker to direct our teen program for youth in grades 6-12. Position is full time, year round, with benefits including individual health insurance, dental insurance, long term disability and life insurance, and pension. Evenings and occasional weekends are required.
- Contribute to the development of the overall development goals and manages the implementation as it relates to the Teen Service Areas.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs within the Club and community:
- Support the organization’s mission and principles.
- Ensure an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes.
- Ensure programs, services and activities that support youth development outcomes.
- Ensure establishment of and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Manage the budget and financial resources in the areas of recommendations for expenditures; control of expenditures against the budget and ensure the maintenance of financial records as it relates to Teen programs and services.
- Maintain inventory and control of all equipment, supplies, etc. assigned to department and keep in good working order.
- Develop a balanced program small and large group activities.
- Seek, accept, and plan community service activities.
- Supervise Torch & Keystone Leadership Clubs.
- Ensure program planning, development, implementation and evaluation, creating a diverse program curriculum.
- Programs to include the five core service areas with special interest in education & career development and leadership development.
- Provide statistical information on youth service establishing outcome measurement criteria for programs provided.
Health and Safety
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment by supervising members in program areas.
- Develop a preventative maintenance plan to ensure a healthy and safe environment.
- Maintain a safe work environment by ensuring that all supplies, equipment, and facilities are in good working order.
- Recruit, train and supervise assigned program volunteers and staff.
- Teen services are not limited to existing facilities and may extend to outreach services, including Juvenile Department of Corrections.
- Create and strengthen partnerships with other teen agencies.
- Promote Teen Programs within the Club, in the schools, and in the community.
- Informal counseling of Teens and referrals to other agencies.
- Assume various duties, tasks and responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisors.
- May be required to drive Club van/vehicles.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or minimum of two years related experience in planning and implementing youth/teen programs.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and communicate effectively with other staff members and parents.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Must be trustworthy, responsible, enthusiastic, creative, energetic, and dependable.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and time management efficiency and be able to balance many tasks at one time.
- Demonstrate creativity and persistence in problem-solving and designing program content.
- Have good understanding of child developmental needs of middle school and high-school age children.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently a plus.
Head Lifeguard – Downtown Clubhouse
Salary: $16 – $18/hour
Supervisor: Downtown Program Director
Status: Part Time
The Head Lifeguard plans, implements, supervises and evaluates the aquatics program. Responsible for maintaining safe and clean pool, locker rooms, pool equipment and supplies and chemicals storage area.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Possess an understanding of how to work with youth, sensitivity to their needs and an understanding of their concerns.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and meet the general requirements for any B&GCSCC staff position.
- Possess a practical knowledge and experience to implement a variety of aquatics programs, including rules and regulations of USA Swim, care and use of equipment and how to teach swim lessons.
- Passed WSI training and/or Lifeguard training. (Must have current cert.)
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Enforce all Club rules.
- Daily program planning and scheduling.
- Swim lessons – lesson plans, instruction, evaluations and promotions to next level.
- Swim Team – scheduling team practices, skills development, off site meets.
- Pool maintenance – maintain chemical balance, pool and deck, as well as locker rooms
- Purchasing supplies and equipment for aquatics program.
- Greet and assist visitors, guests, parents and members immediately upon entry into the Club.
- Encourage all youth entering the building to sign-in and to actively participate in activities.
- Under supervision, execute a variety of pre-planned activities, classes and workshops.
- Share knowledge of all activities and programs in the Club. Answer parental inquiries and stimulate interest in all programs offered.
- Provide leadership and guidance to members.
- Maintain a friendly, cooperative relationship with the youth, parents and volunteers.
- Maintain records and statistical information on youth services.
- Cooperate with other staff members.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Supervision: Recruit, train and supervise assigned program staff and volunteers.
- Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff, members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions and make recommendations.
- External: Maintain contact with local community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in promotion of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County programs.