Careers at BGCSCC
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Youth Development Specialist
- Plan and oversee the administration of designated Clubhouse programs and activities that support Youth Development outcomes:
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Promote safety of members and quality in programs at all times.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program areas.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
- Establish and maintain Clubhouse program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards or program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that Club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Control Clubhouse program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and part time staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted breakdowns of daily participation figures (COMET database), notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, flyers and media releases.
- May oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Keystone, Youth of the Year awards, etc) and/or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
- May consult with parents concerning member and branch issues.
- May handle deposits and banking transactions.
- A minimum of five years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Youth Development Specialist
Status: Part Time
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs within a designated Clubhouse, such as Education, Social Recreation, Creative Arts, and Physical Education. Plan, develop, oversee implementation and supervise programs and program staff.
Prepare Youth for Success
Marketing and Public Relations
Knowledge and Qualifications