Careers at BGCSCC
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: $17 – $19 / hour with benefits
Status: Full Time 30-35 hrs/wk
Is responsible for implementation, development, organization, supervision and evaluation of programs for teens between the ages of 11-18. Works collaboratively with Unit Directors, Youth Development Directors.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Contributes to the development of the overall goals and manages the implementation as it relates to the Teen Service Areas.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs within the Club and community.
- Support the organization’s mission and principles
- Ensure an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes
- Ensure programs, services and activities that support youth development outcomes
- Ensure establishment of and adherence to policies and procedures
- Manage the budget and financial resources in the areas of recommendations for expenditures; control of expenditures against the budget and ensure the maintenance of financial records as it relates to Teen programs and services.
- Recruit, select and manage volunteers within Teen programs and services.
- Develops a preventative maintenance plan to ensure a healthy and safe environment.
- Ensure program planning, development, implementation and evaluation, creating a diverse program curriculum.
- Programs to include the five core service areas with special interest in education & career development and leadership development.
- Provide statistical information on youth service establishing outcome measurement criteria for programs provided.
Health and Safety
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment by supervising members in program areas.
- Maintain a safe work environment by ensuring that all supplies, equipment, and facilities are in good working order.
- Maintain inventory and control of all equipment, supplies, etc. assigned to department and keep in good working order.
- Recruit, train and supervise assigned program volunteers and staff.
- Teen services are not limited to existing facilities and may extend to outreach services, including Juvenile Department of Corrections.
- Responsible for developing flyers, PSA’s, school visits, etc…for the purpose of recruitment of said Teens
- Informal counseling of Teens and referrals to other agencies
- Assume various duties, tasks and responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisors.
- May be required to drive Club van/vehicles.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff, Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and make recommendations.
External: Maintain contact with local community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in promotion of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz programs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or minimum of two years related experience in planning and implementing youth/teen programs.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise and motivate volunteers
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Bilingual preferred.
Youth Development Specialists
Supervisor: Clubhouse Director
Status: Part Time & Seasonal Positions
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs within a designated Clubhouse, such as Education, Social Recreation, Creative Arts, and Physical Education. Plan, develop, oversee implementation and supervise programs and program staff.
Prepare Youth for Success
- Plan and oversee the administration of designated Clubhouse programs and activities that support Youth Development outcomes:
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Promote safety of members and quality in programs at all times.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program areas.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
- Establish and maintain Clubhouse program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards or program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that Club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Control Clubhouse program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and part time staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted breakdowns of daily participation figures (COMET database), notable achievements and any problems/issues.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, flyers and media releases.
- May oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Keystone, Youth of the Year awards, etc) and/or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
- May consult with parents concerning member and branch issues.
- May handle deposits and banking transactions.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- A minimum of one year work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Salary: $17.50 – $20/hour
Supervisor: Development Director
Status: Part Time (25 hrs/wk)
The Development Coordinator for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County (BGCSCC) is a critical part of the Development team ensuring timely and accurate record keeping, providing excellent donor/customer service, and implementing effective social media marketing activities. The Development Coordinator is responsible for donor database management, gift processing, department record keeping, assistance in campaigns, appeals, special events and all other development department services.
• Maintaining donor management system including donor information, gifts, donor cultivation activities, tracking, fundraising notes and all touch point tracking.
• Timely and accurate gift processing including gift acknowledgement.
• Creating monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
• Coordinating production of appeal materials and mailing of spring and year-end fundraising campaigns.
• Building positive relationship with donors, funders, community partners and supporters.
• Other duties as assigned by the Development Director.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / COMPETENCIES:
• Experience working with donor databases (DonorPerfect, RazorsEdge, etc.)
• Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Office
• Experience with Constant Contact, Givelively, Grant Station and other online fundraising platforms and tools. Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy.
• Excellent Writing skills.
• The ability to work accurately and meet deadlines.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act as a resource for, provide courteous customer service to, and work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization.
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
• Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments, and/or changes in priorities.
• Ability to work independently.
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• Be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds with or without accommodation.
• Bilingual (Spanish & English speaking) a plus.
• Must clear Background Check
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent of a combination of education and professional experience.
• Knowledge of the Boys & Girls Clubs mission, objectives, policies, programs, and procedures and of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations, youth development services preferred.
• Ability to organize and coordinate operations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups, and other related agencies.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Ability to work significant hours at a desk.
• Boys & Girls Clubs are often stressful, busy, and noisy environments. Development Coordinator is expected to work in situations where many activities take place at the same time.
• Lift objects up to 25 pounds and carry for brief periods.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.