“Mission”: to provide the ability for young professionals to commit their time, resources, and support youth in Santa Cruz County. Club Blue is a program that embodies the passion and interests of local, young business professionals by providing a FUN and engaging forum of discussion, networking, and representation to make a lasting, positive impact on youth in our community.
Expectations/Responsibilities of a Club Blue Member:
- plan and host 1 official BGCSCC fundraiser per year such as:
- Live Oak Fun Run (more information TBA)
- Host 2+ social mixers per year where Club Blue members invite friends, co-workers, other community members to a casual, networking event
- Attend monthly “meet-ups” lasting an hour to discuss mission, social and support opportunities, and commitments
- They are casual but not informal- we will have an agenda discuss to meet goals and aspirations and ensure that everyone is on track with their participation in Club Blue
- Meetings for the year will be dated in advance- Members are required to attend 7/12 meet-ups throughout the year. Dates can be found in Private Facebook Group.
- Members can elect to participate directly with Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County youth in two ways:
- Visit the Club as a volunteer, either with a pre-planned program based off their skills and knowledge or to volunteer with already in place programming
- Volunteer and/or help plan fundraisers throughout the year
- If unable to, member is still considered an ambassador for BGCSCC (see below)
Club Blue members are considered ambassadors of Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County, committing to open dialogue with community members about the Club and the importance of showing children and teens.
Members will pay a $50 membership due per year to cover the cost of social events (drink tickets), t-shirts, and website recognition.
Members will be recognized in the following ways:
- Name on website, photos on website and events
- Involved in private Facebook group
- Resume worthy title and work
- Ambassador of Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County
- Code of Conduct + Profile of an Active Club Blue Member (In Progress)
- Private Facebook Group for Club Blue Members (contact Alexandra to be added)
Note: Club Blue is an evolving group that is open to suggestions, recommendations, and changes to fit members lifestyles.
If you’re interested in joining Club Blue, please fill out an interest form and send to Alexandra or your Club Blue connection.
831-423-3138 ext 26
Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County Advisors:
Andrea Tolaio, Development Officer
Bob Langseth, Executive Director