Careers at BGCSCC
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Teen Program Coordinator – Downtown Clubhouse
- Contribute to the development of the overall development goals and manages the implementation as it relates to the Teen Service Areas.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs within the Club and community:
- Manage the budget and financial resources in the areas of recommendations for expenditures; control of expenditures against the budget and ensure the maintenance of financial records as it relates to Teen programs and services.
- Maintain inventory and control of all equipment, supplies, etc. assigned to department and keep in good working order.
- Develop a balanced program small and large group activities.
- Seek, accept, and plan community service activities.
- Supervise Torch & Keystone Leadership Clubs.
- Ensure program planning, development, implementation and evaluation, creating a diverse program curriculum.
- Programs to include the five core service areas with special interest in education & career development and leadership development.
- Provide statistical information on youth service establishing outcome measurement criteria for programs provided.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment by supervising members in program areas.
- Develop a preventative maintenance plan to ensure a healthy and safe environment.
- Maintain a safe work environment by ensuring that all supplies, equipment, and facilities are in good working order.
- Recruit, train and supervise assigned program volunteers and staff.
- Teen services are not limited to existing facilities and may extend to outreach services, including Juvenile Department of Corrections.
- Create and strengthen partnerships with other teen agencies.
- Promote Teen Programs within the Club, in the schools, and in the community.
- Informal counseling of Teens and referrals to other agencies.
- Assume various duties, tasks and responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisors.
- May be required to drive Club van/vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or minimum of two years related experience in planning and implementing youth/teen programs.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and communicate effectively with other staff members and parents.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Must be trustworthy, responsible, enthusiastic, creative, energetic, and dependable.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and time management efficiency and be able to balance many tasks at one time.
- Demonstrate creativity and persistence in problem-solving and designing program content.
- Have good understanding of child developmental needs of middle school and high-school age children.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently a plus.
Teen Program Coordinator – Downtown Clubhouse
Supervisor: Clubhouse Director
Status: Part Time
We are seeking a dynamic, personable, experienced youth worker to direct our teen program for youth in grades 6-12. Position is full time, year round, with benefits including individual health insurance, dental insurance, long term disability and life insurance, and pension. Evenings and occasional weekends are required.
o Support the organization’s mission and principles.
o Ensure an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes.
o Ensure programs, services and activities that support youth development outcomes.
o Ensure establishment of and adherence to policies and procedures.