Careers at BGCSCC
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Education Director – Downtown Clubhouse
- Aquatics Program Coordinator – Downtown Clubhouse
- Music Director – Live Oak Clubhouse
- Teen Director – Live Oak Clubhouse
Compensation: $18 – $20 / hour DOE
Supervisor: Downtown Clubhouse Director
Status: Full Time
The Education Coordinator plans, implements, and supervises education support programs and activities provided within the Club. The Education Coordinator trains and supervises assigned volunteers for homework assistance and the Power Hour program. Responsible for general maintenance of the Education program area.
- Plans, develops, evaluates and implements education programs and activities that prepare youth for success. Survey members’ interest in programs, tracks member program participation and program outcomes; works with Area Director to plan and implement changes to improve results.
- Develops and posts weekly and monthly program education calendar. Promotes and markets education programs to Club members via assembly, announcements, bulletin boards, flyers, and posted schedules. Update and maintain bulletin boards to be informative and attractive.
- Ensures programs are gender inclusive and are sensitive to cultural diversity. Implements monthly events/celebrations of cultural holidays, traditions (ie Black History Month, Women in Sports, Chinese New Year, Cinco de May, etc).
- Implements proven youth development strategies and creates a stable, supportive environment for children and teens ages 6 to 18. Specially designed programs concentrate on developing job readiness, study skills, self-esteem, good health and social responsibility among Boys & Girls Club members.
- Coordinates all education/homework assistance volunteers. Keeps accurate records on volunteers’ time in program with daily sign-in & out logs. Works with local colleges/university and high schools to recruit volunteers.
- Develops relationship with local elementary and middle schools to keep up to date on school assignments, homework, text books, and members’ progress.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- A minimum of three years work experience in a youth serving organization or school at a professional level planning and implementing activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- College degree in Education or related field.
- Teaching credential preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively plan, coordinate, organize, implement and evaluate a quality youth program directly and through collaborations and contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other programs/organizations to deliver quality programs to Club members and potential members.
- Experience working with children.
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Ability to deal with the general public.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently a plus.
Teen Director – Live Oak Clubhouse
Salary: DOE, $17 – $20/hour
Supervisor: Clubhouse Director
Status: Full Time 30-40 hours per week
Our goal at The Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County is to have every member graduate high school with a plan for their future that includes continuing on to higher education, vocational school, service to community or service to country.
We are looking for a full time Teen Director who can implement both our National BGCA programs and enhance our community partnerships. Be a mentor to our Teen population by continuing our safe, diverse, culturally sensitive place for middle and high school youth.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or a minimum of three years experience in a youth development program
- Background clearance
- Strong skills in communication and organization
- Ability to work with youth in a dynamic and high energy environment
- Possess basic knowledge of the developmental needs of teens at their critical stages of growth
- Previous experience working with adolescents in a youth development or classroom based setting
- Availability Monday through Friday during our afterschool program with some evening and weekend shifts
Aquatics Program Coordinator – Downtown Clubhouse
Salary: $12 – $14/hour
Supervisor: Downtown Program Director
Status: Part Time
The Aquatics Program Coordinator plans, implements, supervises and evaluates the aquatics program. Responsible for maintaining safe and clean pool, locker rooms, pool equipment and supplies and chemicals storage area.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Possess an understanding of how to work with youth, sensitivity to their needs and an understanding of their concerns.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and meet the general requirements for any B&GCSCC staff position.
- Possess a practical knowledge and experience to implement a variety of aquatics programs, including rules and regulations of USA Swim, care and use of equipment and how to teach swim lessons.
- Passed WSI training and/or Lifeguard training. (Must have current cert.)
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Enforce all Club rules.
- Daily program planning and scheduling.
- Swim lessons – lesson plans, instruction, evaluations and promotions to next level.
- Swim Team – scheduling team practices, skills development, off site meets.
- Pool maintenance – maintain chemical balance, pool and deck, as well as locker rooms
- Purchasing supplies and equipment for aquatics program.
- Greet and assist visitors, guests, parents and members immediately upon entry into the Club.
- Encourage all youth entering the building to sign-in and to actively participate in activities.
- Under supervision, execute a variety of pre-planned activities, classes and workshops.
- Share knowledge of all activities and programs in the Club. Answer parental inquiries and stimulate interest in all programs offered.
- Provide leadership and guidance to members.
- Maintain a friendly, cooperative relationship with the youth, parents and volunteers.
- Maintain records and statistical information on youth services.
- Cooperate with other staff members.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Supervision: Recruit, train and supervise assigned program staff and volunteers.
- Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff, members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions and make recommendations.
- External: Maintain contact with local community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in promotion of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County programs.
Music Director – Live Oak Clubhouse
Compensation: $12 per hour
Supervisor: Clubhouse Director
Status: Part Time, year round, 20-25 hrs per week
Hours: M – F 2:00 – 7:00pm plus some evenings and weekends for special events
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of the next generation? Do you believe music is key to creativity and freedom of expression?
We are looking for a dedicated team player who will design programs that provide opportunities for education and socialization in the areas of music, studio recording and creative expression, that include but are not limited to:
- Musicianship, theory, performance, practice and transposition
- Promote and stimulate program participation
- Enhance community partnerships
- Teach individual and/ or group piano and guitar
- Choir and/or other musical programs
This is an ideal position for a College Student Music Major who has experience working with youth ages 6-18, and has flexible hours.