Careers at BGCSCC
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creative Arts Director – Live Oak Clubhouse
Compensation: $11.50 – $14.00 per hour depending on experience (negotiable)
Supervisor: Live Oak Unit Director
Status: Part Time (25 hours/week)
Boys and Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County Live Oak Branch is a leader in Youth Development that provides a dynamic, energetic, fun environment giving children 6-18 opportunities to expand their experiences in education, arts, and athletic enrichment.
Engage excitement and passion for the Arts by facilitating and supervising activities and classes in arts & crafts and fine arts. This position utilizes Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s creative/fine arts program models and resources. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to teach using a variety of media and techniques and have previous experience working with youth in an art based or classroom setting, and collaborate with our local schools and other community partners.
Afterschool program hours: M, T, Th, 2:00pm-7:00pm & W, F 12:30pm-7:00pm.
Summer program hours: M-F 7:00am – 6:00pm.
Occasional weekend and evening events.
- General maintenance of the Creative Arts Program including supplies and equipment.
- Collection and entry of relevant data.
- Planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities and classes.
- Providing hands-on Arts experiences.
- Maintaining a clean, safe environment.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or minimum of two years related experience in planning and implementing youth programs.
- Knowledge of basic youth development concepts.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior/discipline problems.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Ability to deal with the general public.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
- Good customer service skills.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently a plus.
Aquatics Program Coordinator – Downtown Clubhouse
Salary: $12 – $14/hour
Supervisor: Downtown Program Director
Status: Part Time
The Aquatics Program Coordinator plans, implements, supervises and evaluates the aquatics program. Responsible for maintaining safe and clean pool, locker rooms, pool equipment and supplies and chemicals storage area.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Possess an understanding of how to work with youth, sensitivity to their needs and an understanding of their concerns.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and meet the general requirements for any B&GCSCC staff position.
- Possess a practical knowledge and experience to implement a variety of aquatics programs, including rules and regulations of USA Swim, care and use of equipment and how to teach swim lessons.
- Passed WSI training and/or Lifeguard training. (Must have current cert.)
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Enforce all Club rules.
- Daily program planning and scheduling.
- Swim lessons – lesson plans, instruction, evaluations and promotions to next level.
- Swim Team – scheduling team practices, skills development, off site meets.
- Pool maintenance – maintain chemical balance, pool and deck, as well as locker rooms
- Purchasing supplies and equipment for aquatics program.
- Greet and assist visitors, guests, parents and members immediately upon entry into the Club.
- Encourage all youth entering the building to sign-in and to actively participate in activities.
- Under supervision, execute a variety of pre-planned activities, classes and workshops.
- Share knowledge of all activities and programs in the Club. Answer parental inquiries and stimulate interest in all programs offered.
- Provide leadership and guidance to members.
- Maintain a friendly, cooperative relationship with the youth, parents and volunteers.
- Maintain records and statistical information on youth services.
- Cooperate with other staff members.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Supervision: Recruit, train and supervise assigned program staff and volunteers.
- Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff, members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions and make recommendations.
- External: Maintain contact with local community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in promotion of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County programs.