Careers at BGCSCC
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Director – Scotts Valley Clubhouse
Salary: $36,000 – $45,760/yr
Supervisor: Executive Director
Status: Full Time
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER DIRECTLY TO email@example.com
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, directs overall operation of a broad range of programs at assigned Branch with primary concern for programs and service delivery, safety of youth, supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations and membership administration. Manages resources to deliver programs within budget. Markets Club and builds relationships with local city officials and businesses.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the development needs of young people.
- Knowledge of policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs, or of those of similar nonprofit organizations.
- Experience with budget management and cash handling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of Member Tracking or similar software, as well as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word & Excel).
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently a plus.
Supervisor: Development Officer
Status: Part Time (15-20 hrs/wk)
The Development Assistant for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County (BGCSCC) is a critical part of the Development Team ensuring timely and accurate record keeping, providing excellent donor/customer service, and implementing effective social media marketing activities. They will be responsible for donor database management, implementing marketing and on-line giving activities, coordinating fundraising campaigns, managing in-kind donation program, and supporting special events.
- Maintaining donor management system including donor information, gifts, donor cultivation activities, and fundraising notes.
- Timely processing of donations, preparing and sending acknowledgement correspondence.
- Designing marketing materials including event invitations, posters, brochures, presentation folders, digital presentations and newsletters.
- Creating monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Coordinating production of appeal materials and mailing of spring and year-end fundraising campaigns.
- Supporting BGCSCC Business Partnership Program.
- Building a strong online presence, establishing new and maintaining existing social channels, creating digital content, Facebook/Instagram posts, website support and managing on-line giving platform.
- Managing e-messaging program (Constant Contact)
- Building positive relationship with donors, funders, community partners and supporters.
- Other duties as assigned by the Development Officer.
Required Qualifications / Competencies
- Experience working with donor databases (DonorPerfect, RazorsEdge, etc).
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, mail merges, email and web searches and some experience and/or knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, WordPress and Constant Contact.
- Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry.
- Writing skills sufficient to compose and edit a variety of documents using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and proofread work carefully.
- The ability to work accurately and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act as a resource for, provide courteous customer service in a courteous manner to, and work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments, and/or changes in priorities.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a reliable car.
- Be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Bilingual (Spanish & English speaking) a plus.
- Must clear Background Check.
Highly Desirable Qualifications / Competencies
- Enjoys working as a member of a team or group.
- Willing to jump in and help when and where needed.
- Must enjoy being around kids.
- Potential career interest in nonprofit development and administration.
- Connectedness and experience working and living in Santa Cruz County.
- Customer service training.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred in event management, marketing, business administration or a related field.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BGCSCC is an EEO employer committed to excellence through diversity. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.