Careers at BGCSCC
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Education Director – Live Oak Clubhouse
Salary: $17 – $20/hr
Supervisor: Live Oak Clubhouse Director
Status: Full Time 35-40 hrs/wk
The Education Coordinator plans, implements, and supervises education support programs and activities provided within the Club. The Education Coordinator trains and supervises assigned volunteers for homework assistance and the Power Hour program. Responsible for general maintenance of the Education program area.
- Plans, develops, evaluates and implements education programs and activities that prepare youth for success. Survey members’ interest in programs, tracks member program participation and program outcomes; works with Area Director to plan and implement changes to improve results.
- Develops and posts weekly and monthly program education calendar. Promotes and markets education programs to Club members via assembly, announcements, bulletin boards, flyers, and posted schedules. Update and maintain bulletin boards to be informative and attractive.
- Ensures programs are gender inclusive and are sensitive to cultural diversity. Implements monthly events/celebrations of cultural holidays, traditions (ie Black History Month, Women in Sports, Chinese New Year, Cinco de May, etc).
- Implements proven youth development strategies and creates a stable, supportive environment for children and teens ages 6 to 18. Specially designed programs concentrate on developing job readiness, study skills, self-esteem, good health and social responsibility among Boys & Girls Club members.
- Coordinates all education/homework assistance volunteers. Keeps accurate records on volunteers’ time in program with daily sign-in & out logs. Works with local colleges/university and high schools to recruit volunteers.
- Develops relationship with local elementary and middle schools to keep up to date on school assignments, homework, text books, and members’ progress.
- A minimum of three years work experience in a youth serving organization or school at a professional level planning and implementing activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- College degree in Education or related field.
- Teaching credential preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively plan, coordinate, organize, implement and evaluate a quality youth program directly and through collaborations and contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other programs/organizations to deliver quality programs to Club members and potential members.
- Experience working with children.
- Knowledge of youth development.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Ability to deal with the general public.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently a plus.
Teen Director – Live Oak Clubhouse
Salary: $17 – $20/hr
Supervisor: Live Oak Clubhouse Director
Status: Full Time 35-40 hrs/wk
Is responsible for implementation, development, organization, supervision and evaluation of programs for teens between the ages of 11-18. Works collaboratively with Unit Directors, Youth Development Directors.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Contributes to the development of the overall goals and manages the implementation as it relates to the Teen Service Areas.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs within the Club and community.
- Support the organization’s mission and principles
- Ensure an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes
- Ensure programs, services and activities that support youth development outcomes
- Ensure establishment of and adherence to policies and procedures
- Manage the budget and financial resources in the areas of recommendations for expenditures; control of expenditures against the budget and ensure the maintenance of financial records as it relates to Teen programs and services.
- Recruit, select and manage volunteers within Teen programs and services.
- Develops a preventative maintenance plan to ensure a healthy and safe environment.
- Ensure program planning, development, implementation and evaluation, creating a diverse program curriculum.
- Programs to include the five core service areas with special interest in education & career development and leadership development.
- Provide statistical information on youth service establishing outcome measurement criteria for programs provided.
Health and Safety
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment by supervising members in program areas.
- Maintain a safe work environment by ensuring that all supplies, equipment, and facilities are in good working order.
- Maintain inventory and control of all equipment, supplies, etc. assigned to department and keep in good working order.
- Recruit, train and supervise assigned program volunteers and staff.
- Teen services are not limited to existing facilities and may extend to outreach services, including Juvenile Department of Corrections.
- Responsible for developing flyers, PSA’s, school visits, etc…for the purpose of recruitment of said Teens
- Informal counseling of Teens and referrals to other agencies
- Assume various duties, tasks and responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisors.
- May be required to drive Club van/vehicles.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff, Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and make recommendations.
External: Maintain contact with local community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in promotion of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz programs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or minimum of two years related experience in planning and implementing youth/teen programs.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise and motivate volunteers
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Bilingual preferred.
Supervisor: Development Officer
Status: Part Time (15-20 hrs/wk)
The Development Assistant for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County (BGCSCC) is a critical part of the Development Team ensuring timely and accurate record keeping, providing excellent donor/customer service, and implementing effective social media marketing activities. They will be responsible for donor database management, implementing marketing and on-line giving activities, coordinating fundraising campaigns, managing in-kind donation program, and supporting special events.
- Maintaining donor management system including donor information, gifts, donor cultivation activities, and fundraising notes.
- Timely processing of donations, preparing and sending acknowledgement correspondence.
- Designing marketing materials including event invitations, posters, brochures, presentation folders, digital presentations and newsletters.
- Creating monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Coordinating production of appeal materials and mailing of spring and year-end fundraising campaigns.
- Supporting BGCSCC Business Partnership Program.
- Building a strong online presence, establishing new and maintaining existing social channels, creating digital content, Facebook/Instagram posts, website support and managing on-line giving platform.
- Managing e-messaging program (Constant Contact)
- Building positive relationship with donors, funders, community partners and supporters.
- Other duties as assigned by the Development Officer.
Required Qualifications / Competencies
- Experience working with donor databases (DonorPerfect, RazorsEdge, etc).
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, mail merges, email and web searches and some experience and/or knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, WordPress and Constant Contact.
- Highly detail oriented with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry.
- Writing skills sufficient to compose and edit a variety of documents using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and proofread work carefully.
- The ability to work accurately and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to act as a resource for, provide courteous customer service in a courteous manner to, and work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments, and/or changes in priorities.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a reliable car.
- Be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds with or without accommodation.
- Bilingual (Spanish & English speaking) a plus.
- Must clear Background Check.
Highly Desirable Qualifications / Competencies
- Enjoys working as a member of a team or group.
- Willing to jump in and help when and where needed.
- Must enjoy being around kids.
- Potential career interest in nonprofit development and administration.
- Connectedness and experience working and living in Santa Cruz County.
- Customer service training.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred in event management, marketing, business administration or a related field.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BGCSCC is an EEO employer committed to excellence through diversity. All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.