Careers at BGCSCC
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Creative Arts Director – Live Oak Clubhouse
- Youth Development Specialist – Aliberti Clubhouse in Scotts Valley
- Technology Lab Coordinator – Downtown Clubhouse
- Plan and oversee the administration of designated Clubhouse programs and activities that support Youth Development outcomes:
- Establish and maintain Clubhouse program goals and settings that insure the health and safety of members. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards or program; that they ensure program areas are safe, well ventilated and well lit; and that Club equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Control Clubhouse program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and part time staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned volunteers and staff.
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted breakdowns of daily participation figures (COMET database), notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcements of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising and promotion through mailings, flyers and media releases.
- May oversee special programs and/or events (i.e. Keystone, Youth of the Year awards, etc) and/or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
- May consult with parents concerning member and branch issues.
- May handle deposits and banking transactions.
- A minimum of five years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- General maintenance of the Creative Arts Program including supplies and equipment.
- Collection and entry of relevant data.
- Planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities and classes.
- Providing hands-on Arts experiences.
- Maintaining a clean, safe environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or minimum of two years related experience in planning and implementing youth programs.
- Knowledge of basic youth development concepts.
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior/discipline problems.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff and volunteers.
- Ability to deal with the general public.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
- Good customer service skills.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Ability to speak Spanish fluently a plus.
Youth Development Specialist
Status: Part Time
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs within a designated Clubhouse, such as Education, Social Recreation, Creative Arts, and Physical Education. Plan, develop, oversee implementation and supervise programs and program staff.
Prepare Youth for Success
o Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
o Promote safety of members and quality in programs at all times
o Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program areas.
o Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
Marketing and Public Relations
Knowledge and Qualifications
Creative Arts Director – Live Oak Clubhouse
Compensation: $14.50 – $16.50 per hour depending on experience
Supervisor: Live Oak Unit Director
Status: Part Time (25 hours/week)
Boys and Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County Live Oak Branch is a leader in Youth Development that provides a dynamic, energetic, fun environment giving children 6-18 opportunities to expand their experiences in education, arts, and athletic enrichment.
Engage excitement and passion for the Arts by facilitating and supervising activities and classes in arts & crafts and fine arts. This position utilizes Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s creative/fine arts program models and resources. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to teach using a variety of media and techniques and have previous experience working with youth in an art based or classroom setting, and collaborate with our local schools and other community partners.
Afterschool program hours: M, T, Th, 2:00pm-7:00pm & W, F 12:30pm-7:00pm.
Summer program hours: M-F 7:00am – 6:00pm.
Occasional weekend and evening events.
Knowledge and Qualifications
Technology Lab Coordinator – Downtown Clubhouse
Salary: $12 – $13/hour
Supervisor: Downtown Program Director
Status: Part Time
Plan, organize and implement computer-based technology programs for youth ages 6 -15 years old during our afterschool program. This position requires the use of Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s technology program models and resources. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft software programs and have previous experience working with youth.
The Technology Programs Coordinator will be responsible for teaching the following types of programs: Internet safety, game design and development, photo illustration, movie making, as well as basic skills training for youth in Microsoft programs. Skills in web page design are a plus!
Must be available a minimum of 3 days per week during our afterschool program, and full days in the summer.
Afterschool program hours are as follows: M, T, Th, F: 2:00pm-7:00pm & W: 12:30pm-7:00pm