Summers at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County are a blast!
Friends galore, activities abound, weekly Thursday field trips scheduled, and Friday Special activities keep the kids busy and laughing! Age-appropriate groups rotate through all the offerings at the Club, ensuring each receives a fulfilling, well-rounded day, with sports, arts, chill-out time, snacks, swimming (every day Downtown, Tuesdays at Live Oak), games, and friendships.
Like our afterschool program, our summer day camp is drop-in. Current members can come for any of the days and spend as much or as little time at the Club as they/their parents want and are not required to register for specific days in advance. However, early registration and pre-payment does speed up the front desk check-in time and some of the popular special programs have limited spaces available.
Meals during the Summer
Free breakfast and snack all summer long!
- The Downtown Clubhouse is proud to be a Community Bridges Free Summer Lunch for Youth site from 6/10 – 8/9, Mon – Fri.
- Live Oak Clubhouse offers a free lunch all summer.
- Joe & Linda Aliberti Clubhouse does not have a free lunch program at this time.
Be sure to send your child with a lunch to Clubhouses that are not offering free lunch!
Registration for Summer
Registration is open! You can print all forms out below or pick them up at the front desk of any Clubhouse.
- Download and fill out a membership application.
- Fill out and sign the Summer registration packet 2019 (o en español).
- Choose which days and/or special programs you want for your child.
- Turn everything in and pay at the front desk.
2019 Junior Guards Walking Bus
Need help getting your kids from Junior Guards at Cowell’s Beach to the Club? They can walk with Club staff this summer! We are responsible for youth between the designated junior guard program hours. Staff will wait at beach with snacks between Morning and Afternoon sessions.
Session 1: Monday, June 17 through Friday, July 12, 2019 (no transportation July 3,4,5)
Session 2: Monday, July 15 through Friday, August 9, 2019
Days: Mon – Fri
- Afternoon Session: leave Club for beach at 11:30am, stay with staff until Guards at 1:00pm
- Morning Session: staff pick up at beach at 12pm and return to Club at 1p (30 min walk)
- Afternoon Session: staff pick up members at beach at 4:00pm (30 min walk back to Club)
Cost: $10/week (Club membership required plus summer day fee)
Contact the appropriate Clubhouse below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the primary Clubhouse your child will be attending.
- Downtown Clubhouse 831-423-3138
- Live Oak Clubhouse 831-477-4095
- Joe & Linda Aliberti 831-535-7017