Club Blue Meeting
Club Blue Meeting
Start:January 18, 2017 5:30 pm
End:January 18, 2017 6:30 pm
Location:East Cliff Brewing Company (21517 E Cliff Dr, Santa Cruz, CA 95062)
The Club’s Development Office is looking for energetic, young professionals ages 20-45 within the Santa Cruz Community who are eager to give back by dedicating time and resources to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County (BGCSCC).
A preliminary meeting will take place Wednesday, Januarys 18th 5:30-6:30pm at East Cliff Brewing Company (21517 E Cliff Dr, Santa Cruz, CA 95062).
What is Club Blue?
Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County is launching CLUB BLUE – a program that embodies the passion and interests of local young business professionals by providing a fun and engaging forum for discussion, networking, and representation to make a lasting, positive impact in children’s lives and in our community.
Club Blue members will be asked to;
- Plan and host at least 1 fundraising event per year that may include;
- “Kids Nite Out”- a fun-filled, themed event at our Clubhouses where kids are paired with adult volunteers an evening “buddy” events filled with fun and games.
- Mixer/Fundraiser at a brewery or local hub that can include silent auction, networking incentives, etc.
- TBD by Club Blue Members
- Attending Club Blue meetings (monthly or bi-monthly) for at least one hour to determine goals, visions, and fundraising commitments.
- Club Blue members would be considered “ambassadors” of Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Cruz County, committing to opening dialogue with community members about the Club and the importance of supporting children and teens.
- Members could elect to commit to a pre-planned number of volunteer hours at BGCSCC per year.
- What time and resources can you reasonably commit to Club Blue per year? (i.e. monthly or bi-monthly meetings, 50+ volunteer hours, 1-3 fundraisers a year)
- What “membership dues” would you be willing to pay? What would you want out of your dues? (i.e. recognition on our website, t-shirts, drink-tickets, etc.)
- How would you help support and put on fundraisers? (i.e. donate your companies resources, your time, encourage people to attend & donate)
- What would being a member of Club Blue mean to you? What external and internal goals would Club Blue have?
Examples of successful Club Blues around the US
Boys & Girls Club of Greater Baton Rouge: https://www.brclubs.org/portal/club-blue
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Emerald Coast: https://emeraldcoastbgc.org/club-blue/
Boys & Girls Club of Miami-Dade: http://bgcmia.org/club-blue/
For more information contact Alexandra at 831-423-3138 ext. 26 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Club Blue for BGCSCC is overseen by Alexandra, Development Assistant, and Andrea Tolaio, Development Officer (email@example.com)